Applications and Sales Support Technician/Engineer
Advanced illumination (Ai) is a leader in machine vision lighting for industrial applications. Companies use Ai lighting products as part of a vision system in manufacturing processes to improve product quality, guide robots, and track items through each stage of production or distribution. We focus on solving our customers’ machine vision challenges with precision lighting and control solutions.
Advanced illumination is in search of an outgoing, solutions-driven, and detail-oriented Applications and Sales Support Technician/Engineer to help provide our customers with professional solutions for their machine vision needs. The candidate will anchor our Applications Lab with the opportunity to grow into other roles as experience and performance dictate.
Applications and Sales Support Technician/Engineer Responsibilities:
- Become a student of Ai technology and product offerings to best assist customers with their application requirements.
- Manage the Applications Lab.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to detail current Applications Lab projects, communicate ongoing customer inquiries, and identify solutions for our clients.
- Act as main point of contact for technical inquiry website forms and maintain Application Lab inquiry database in CRM. Respond to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Acquire standardized images and other data for customer requests. Collaborate with Marketing to identify opportunities for image use in technical applications notes and presentations in support of Marketing campaigns.
- Manage the Application Lab’s Loaner Light program; manage the Loaner Light inventory, collaborate with Sales and Customer Service on its organization, and maintain the Loaner Light database.
- Work with Engineering to test, validate, and characterize lights in the new product development channel.
- Represent Advanced illumination as Subject Matter Expert in recorded presentations for potential future webinars and how-to-videos.
- Participate in voice and video conference calls, as necessary.
- Complete the CVP (Certified Vision Professional) Basic Vision Certification.
What Advanced illumination is looking for:
- BS or AS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology preferred. Will consider relevant skills.
- 4+ years of experience working for a high-tech manufacturer. Experience working with electrical and/or mechanical engineers a plus. Other relatable experience will be considered.
- Excellent spatial reasoning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Experience with CRM (customer relationship management) software. Ai uses Salesforce.
- Someone who enjoys working with people.
- The ability to think critically, manage multiple tasks, and set priorities.
What Excellence looks like:
- A self-starter with a keen desire to learn new technologies.
- A confident communicator.
- A team player who enjoys collaborating with others.
- Problem-solver with great attention to detail.
What Advanced illumination promises to deliver:
- An opportunity to grow into an important Applications Engineering role with an established and growing company.
- A culture that values hard work and quality of life.
- An excellent benefits package including:
- Competitive compensation
- BlueCross/BlueShield of VT Gold CDHP plan with employer payments to an HSA account
- Vision insurance paid by company
- Short-term & long-term disability, and life insurance plan paid by company
- Two weeks of vacation and one week sick/personal, plus 14 holidays
- 401K plan with company match
- A picturesque Vermont environment located midway between Killington and Sugarbush. If you enjoy skiing, hiking, or mountain biking – this beautiful area has endless activities to offer!